Sunday, October 5, 2008

OPRAH

Ok, Ok, Ok.... so I am kinda over my haircut now.  I want to talk about 2 things.

1. OPRAH and VISION BOARDS.  Not sure if any of you guys heard of "Vision Boards", but it's basically a poster you make with everything you want in life. Marriage, love, money, cars, etc..etc.. Then you put it up and look at it everyday.  And the theory is that it will subliminally tr
ain your brain and the universe to get these things.  I have a few friends who do it and love it.  Well I am not one to make posters, but I did make a "VISION DESKTOP" on my computer.  Meaning, I made a Jpeg image and put it on my computer so everyday I stare right at it.  I have MONEY, ECO FRIENDLY CAR, MY DOGS, FRIENDS, PEACE, DREAM HOUSE, FITNESS on it.  Hopefully this will lead me to a POSITIVE Life and send positive people and things to me!!!

2.  This happen to me today: I had this person set up a photoshoot with me for September. She pays me a $50 non-refundable deposit to secure it.  She calls me up later and says, "Oh I need to re-schedule for early October."  So I do it.  Then October rolls around, and she doesn't show up to the appointment.  Later that day, she says, "Oh I thought it was for Sunday, not Saturday."  So I re-schedule AGAIN for Sunday.  Than I get a TEXT Message Sunday morning saying, "I need to re-schedule our appointment, I was at the Hospital all night with my family."

Now I would of normally been sympathetic in this case, but she basically bailed out on her first 2 appointments. So I told her, "Sorry about your situation, but I am booked until the 15th, so when you are "REALLY" ready to do a shoot, call me.  I may request an 'additional' DEPOSIT to secure yet another photoshoot.  (She paid a non-refundable deposit to secure 1 timeslot with me already which she took advantage of)

You see, everytime I schedule an appointment with her and she does a NO SHOW, I lose money and time.  I could of given that timeslot to someone else.  So she basically cost me ALOT money.  She texted me, "You insensitive prick."  Was she not sensitive to me when she cancelled 3 of her appointments with me with no regards of my time or loss of business?  I did say to her that I was sorry for her family, but I can't keep losing money from her.

I said she could re-schedule with me AFTER the 15th, and hopefully she would be more 'serious' about it.  I just get so angry when people don't give respect but expect it.

Just wanted too get this off my chest.

Ugh.

John